This addition is intended to complete the original 1940's house design. Major improvements include a front study, rear loft painting studio & covered patio. A second floor master bedroom was also remodeled and expanded.
An enclosed entry courtyard is formed by the existing gable and new projecting front study. The same accent stone, at the front entrance, is used in the base of the addition. Low stone cheek walls mirror one another and further define the entrance.
The stone continues around the the addition and becomes a site wall. Corner windows, match the original house, and are selectively placed for enhanced views and light. The large corner window group, at the rear painting studio, optimize the painter's desire for northeast exposure.
A new covered rear stone clad porch, is located adjacent to the existing dining room. The porch is sized to accomodate outdoor dining.Before